Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Early Votiong in Missouri

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch published an editorial this week ("Missouri's Late Coming to Early Voting") that I agreed with. I believe it is the duty of every citizen in a democracy to participate in government and voting is the easiest way to do that. Efforts to improve voter turnout (and voter registration and education) are important, and early voting would be beneficial to democracy in Missouri. This past election I was out of town on election day and voted absentee for the first time. It was a great experience because I could take my time and research each race I was unfamiliar with as I filled out my ballot, something that most people will not do when they vote at the polls.

I would encourage everyone in Missouri to read the editorial and to support the proposed legislation.

1 comment:

  1. I also voted absentee this past November election (though I think I voted in October) and found it to be a very positive experience for the same reason--it gave me strong motivation (and made it easy) to research a number of issues and candidates, especially at the state and local levels.

    ReplyDelete